empowering the severely brain injured and their families via support, understanding and a network of care

Home Forums Main Forum Son with brain injury following car accident .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sylvietbi
    Participant

My son was in a car accident 1996 he was in a coma for two years. When he came out of the coma he could not talk or walk or eat.

He cannot communicate but I have him at home and over the years he understand him.

The problem is now his sleeping pattern has changed he is awake all night and then tired through the day so something is not right.

I am thinking should he have a mild sedative at night as I am so worried about him .

My doctor has a call back system and I have tried for a week to have a call back but it is not happening.

Any advice please as I am worn out , thank you Sylvie

Lynne
    Participant

Good morning Sylvie

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear about your son. My son also had a car accident when he was 25 back in 2007. We also brought him home to live with us. Do you have carers for him or do you look after him on your own?

What sort of things can your son do during the day? We found that the more Stewart is stimulated during the day, the better he sleeps at night. Is it possible to take him out for a walk or have friends round just to chat to him?

It would still be a good idea to chat to his doctor. Does he see neuro doctor regularly?

It may be a good idea to talk to them about how this is totally draining you…. you need help too.

Please take care of yourself… I will check the forum daily – so please keep in touch.

Lynne x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.